October 4, 2008

Did You Know?

That clicking on the pictures I post will enlarge them so you can see them in all their glory? I especially love the picture at the shore where the Boogie and Furry are walking hand-in-hand away from me. I think I will print and frame it.

I have neglected my posting. Furry left on Tuesday. I was sad and cried. Thankfully DH left work an hour early so he could go to the airport with us so I wouldn't have to be sad all by myself. The next couple of days I spent at work and getting the apartment ready for the Specktacular family. They arrived in Philadelphia at exactly midnight, gathered their luggage, and I picked them up. By the time we got home and I got into bed it was 2 am ... however I am unable to go right to sleep after driving. I have to unwind. Plus the Boogie has been moved into our room and I'm not used to hearing her sleeping noises. So I didn't go to sleep until nearly 3, got up at 4 with DH, went back to bed after he left for work but didn't doze off till 5 ... THEN at 7:23 the lawn maintenance people showed up! They have come early in the morning several times over the summer. This was the final straw. They weren't just mowing and weed-eating. Oh, no. They pulled out their noisy gas-powered hedge trimmers and proceeded to trim all the bushes right below our windows for an hour and a half. Naturally it woke up the babies so Mrs. Specktacular and I just got up. I did complain to our apartment manager and asked if we could request that the lawn people not start until after 8:00. She said she would. I still think 8 is a little early for residential lawn maintenance but not unreasonable. Needless to say we were all a little foggy through-out the day. Mrs. Specktacular and I napped when our babies did.

Last night we had a girls night out! MIL, SIL2, SIL3, Mrs. Specktacular and I drove to Philly to see "State Fair". It was really fun! I love musicals. We sat all the way at the top of the nose-bleed section but we could see and hear everything just fine. At $10 a ticket we had no complaints.

Poor Mr. Specktacular woke up this morning with an ear infection so DH is taking him and Mrs. Specktacular to a walk-in clinic right now. I am hanging out with the Boogie and Miss Specktacular. The Boogie is having a hard time adjusting to our new company. Mr. Specktacular is particularly scary to her for some reason. Also she is very territorial and to have to share all of her toys all of the time is somewhat disconcerting. She's doing better today than she did yesterday so I'm hoping that time will do the trick.

Time to do some touch-up cleaning while everyone is gone and both girls are awake. The apartment gets dirtier faster with twice the number of people here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures, even if it does take forever to look at them. Got over my fear of wackos reading my blog. Hope you like the new one. Maybe I'll actually update it faithfully, but then again, maybe not:) Glad you're having so much fun with all the company!TTYL