March 4, 2009

New Bed, New Chair

This is where the Boogie ended up sleeping this morning.
She woke up at 3:00 again and we headed to the couch. When I thought she was asleep I carried her carefully to her room, laid her in her crib, and without even opening her eyes she began to cry and plead, "Out? Out, Mama?" Back to the couch we went where she soon was snoozing again. I, however, did not sleep at all. When My Man got up at 4:00 I got up, too. After he left for work I decided to just leave the Boogie on the couch by herself. I figured she would probably roll off at some point so I put some couch cushions on the floor. You know, to soften the fall. I went to bed. Then I realized, duh, I could KEEP her from rolling off the couch (please remember that it was about 4:30 a.m. and I'd been awake since 3:00.) I got back up and arranged her little table and chairs next to the couch, along with the cushions to keep her from bumping her head or something. I went to bed again and slept for two lovely, uninterrupted hours. Around seven o'clock she woke herself up coughing (still haven't managed to get rid of that cough entirely) and I could hear her as she realized where she was, "Huh? Huh? Oh!" Pretty soon she came trotting into my room, pleased as could be with herself. "Hi, Mama!"

And look what came today!
She's very interested in sitting on the potty, though I know she has no idea what it's for. We'll get there soon enough. I'm in no hurry ...

No comments: