March 18, 2009

Ouchie

Yesterday I had a "crick" in my neck. I get them from time to time. The Boogie and I headed to 52 to do many loads of laundry. In the late afternoon I started folding, and after a couple of loads I noticed that my neck/upper back was very sore. I thought I would rest my muscles by laying down on the floor ... but that made it hurt worse and then I couldn't get up! I had to call for My Man to come help me. I was reeeeally hurtin' all night last night. Boo-hoo, poor me. (I think it was folding laundry that did me in. That's a good reason not to do it anymore, right?) I was pretty sore when I woke up this morning so I called in to work and asked to get squeezed into the schedule, pretty please. I got all adjusted and am feeling much better tonight than I was last night, though I'm still plenty sore. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll notice a big difference. My back/neck has never hurt like that before. It wasn't fun AT ALL.


Today was perfectly lovely. In case you haven't looked at your calendar lately, spring begins the day after tomorrow! I'm very happy about that. We went over to 52 a couple of times today to play in the backyard. The Boogie loves to "fly" in the swing. Tonight My Man and BIL1 put up a slide and the Boogie, HJ, and EK went down it over and over and over. When I told the Boogie, "Just a couple more times and then it's time to go home," she stopped in her tracks, covered her eyes with both hands, and cried dramatically, "Noooooo! No home!" Thankfully the cousins walked home with us, averting the second meltdown of the day (the first one occurred when we came home for a nap this afternoon.) Also Mr. B came over tonight -- we haven't seen him in several weeks, and I wasn't sure if the Boogie would even remember him. Silly me. As soon as she saw him she wriggled out of the toy truck she was riding in and ran right over to him, calling his name.
I have wonderful news. My Man was up for a review which he had yesterday. His supervisors worked hard to get him a raise ... and they succeeded! Praise the Lord! This is especially welcome now because last week they informed the employees that in the middle of April all overtime will be cut. While the raise won't make up the difference between 15 hours of overtime and no hours of overtime, it will certainly help. God continues to be very good to us!

1 comment:

Renee said...

That sounds like a horrible crick in the neck!! I'm so glad you were able to see the doc!