- We had an incredible missions conference with awesome preaching.
- As a result of fervent prayer by family, friends, and church folks, my Papaw got saved.
- The Boogie peed in her potty!
I realize that last one is not of the caliber of the first two, but we were pretty tickled. It quite possibly was a fluke that won't repeat itself anytime soon. That's okay with me.
Yesterday was my Saturday to work. My Man made samosa. It didn't look like the picture but it tasted pretty good. He got the oil too hot and our apartment reeks of burnt oil. Thankfully today is nice so we can open the windows and air it all out! He and the Boogie went to church for the international dinner (which is what the samosa was for) and some preaching. I got there in the middle of the preaching and My wonderful Man saved me a plate of food. I was in time for dessert! After dessert SIL3 took the Boogie to 52 while My Man and I cleaned the church. It was a very busy day and I was pretty tired by the end of it.
This past week there has been a lot of work going on in the downstairs apartment. All the old carpet and flooring was torn up, and the kitchen cabinets were pulled out. I guess it's going to be the same as the R family's apartment when it's finished, which means new carpet in the living room, bedrooms, and down the hallway, and brand-new cabinets in the kitchen. Since I realized they were doing all of that I've been contemplating the pros and cons of seeing if we could move into that apartment ourselves!
- Brand-new carpet.
- A carpeted hallway that muffles running toddler feet and can be vacuumed.
- Lots of nice, new kitchen cabinets and way more counter space.
- No more stairs to climb.
- No more stressing out about whether we are bothering downstairs neighbors when we walk around, especially in the early morning.
- No more heat in the winter rising from downstairs. Instead, our heating costs would probably increase since we'd be helping heat this apartment as well as our own.
- Can't ever leave windows open when it's nice out unless we are home and awake, for fear of someone climbing in.
- Living below this apartment with it's super-creaky floors (and the worst of them is in the Boogie's room, so if we moved downstairs she would be sleeping right below the noisiest room.) We truly make an effort to be quiet but the next tenants might not be so considerate, and we would have to live with that.
- The moving part: packing, hauling stuff downstairs, unpacking, changing our gas and electric, phone line and cable, changing our address again.
- We'd have to pay to have the carpets professionally cleaned in this apartment, and also to have it repainted.
Eh, when I weigh it out it's not worth it. I'll happily deal with the tiny kitchen and creaky floors. We've been here almost a year and it's worked out really well so far! But I'm sure I'll be irritated when they completely redo this apartment as soon as we move out. :)
Enough stalling. On to the nursery schedule ...