November 15, 2008

Ho Hum and Suchlike

Last night (or rather, this morning) the Boogie woke up at 2:15. I got her out of her crib and took her into the living room to rock her back to sleep. As we were getting settled in the recliner I realized that Downstairs Neighbors were wide awake as well. They were talking loudly and banging things and thumping around -- honestly when I hear them like that I get a picture in my mind of drunken staggering around, running into the walls. At least this time their music wasn't going. The Boogie went to sleep and I went back to bed. Downstairs Neighbors quieted down around 3:00 and I dozed off. Then DH got up at 4:00. Then the Boogie woke up again at 5:30. Then my alarm went off at 7:00. My sleep was all interrupted. Nights like that remind me of when the Boogie was smallerish and waking several times a night to eat. Maybe the next time around we should hire a night-nanny. No, I do not have anything to announce. There is no bun in this oven at present. Just thinkin' ahead.

I went to work this morning, as I usually do. DH stopped by the office on his way home from work and picked up the Boogie, as he usually does. I realized today that I have only one and a half weeks of work left! Wow! This afternoon DH and the Boogie both napped. I did laundry and surfed the interwebz. When they woke up we dropped the Boogie off downstairs to play with her cousins and went out by ourselves for a couple of hours. It was nice to go on a little date.

It looks like we might be taking a road trip sometime in the not-too-distant future. I will keep you posted ...

2 comments:

Wendy Glosser said...

Are you road trippin to Oklahoma?! You know, there is a free Bed and Breakfast calling your name! LOL :-)

Jersey Mama said...

Ooh, tempting! That would be fun. I haven't been there yet ...