November 6, 2008

Moving On ...

It has been windy and rainy the last couple of days. I am barely motivated to do anything. This entry will be short, sweet, and to the point, and then I am going to do something. I don't know what, but it will be something other than sitting here.

I can't remember if I wrote about this before, but over the last couple of months two wonderful things happened. The first thing was that we paid off my car! You have to know that my car came straight from the Lord. I needed a vehicle. I'd been praying for a few specific things: low mileage, good mpg, and four doors (I was a nanny and getting a car seat in and out of the back seat in my previous 2-door was a royal pain) while saving my pennies. When I had a few hundred dollars saved up my dad and I went car shopping. The very first one I saw was a little gray Saturn sedan. It was 3 years old and had under 6000 miles on it! I sat in it and it fit me just right. I sat in a few others but I knew that Saturn was the car for me so I put down my few hundred dollars and financed the rest ... and my dad drove it home since I couldn't drive a stick. I couldn't even test-drive it! That afternoon my brother took me out on some back roads so I could practice driving and the next day I drove it to work. I love that car. We have had a beautiful relationship over the past five years. As long as the Lord doesn't have other plans I am going to drive it till it falls apart! It feels so good to be finished with that monthly payment.

The second big news is that we paid off the Boogie! Whew, at last we can stop worrying about her being repossessed. :) You already know how I feel about her so I don't think I need to rhapsodize about my undying affection for her.

Writing about these things reminded me that I need to pay bills. But there are two less to pay this month!

3 comments:

joy said...

Congratulations!

You and I have been doing our part to help COOPER finance their multi million dollar renovation to make their building look beautiful in downtown ghetto street Camden.

Jersey Mama said...

LOL no kidding!

Dear Abbi said...

Good job on paying off two bills! That feels awesome!!

Thanks for your funny comment on my blog! I, too, was a lot like my older daughter...I let my little sister do all of the talking. :)