November 10, 2008

I Got Nuthin'

I can't think of a clever or interesting title. Oh well.

Today was the funeral for our friend from church (she was SIL2's grandmother.) I coordinated childcare and had the older kids myself while a couple of other ladies took care of the babies and toddlers. I thought the more difficult job would be keeping the four- and five-year-olds entertained (which was why I chose to do it), but they were all very good and after hearing about all the crying and diaper-changing that went on in the nursery I think I had it pretty easy! There were lots of people at the funeral and when it was over we had lunch. The food was plenteous and delicious. My part in that was brewing six gallons of iced tea and making a dessert. MA (my office manager) had made a pumpkin cobbler a few weeks ago and I asked for the recipe. When it was time to start baking last night I looked everywhere for that recipe and couldn't find it. So I searched online for one that seemed similar, at least as close as I could remember, and found
this one. Wouldn't you know that I found the original recipe this morning, stuck to the side of the fridge? I distinctly remember putting it there. Yep. So I wouldn't lose it. But guess what? It was the exact same one! Ha! I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I can't take any credit for it though, since I simply followed directions. It was very easy to make and nice change from pumpkin pie.

DH slept in this morning. It was not on purpose. He gets up every morning at 4:00. I get up at 4:05. He gets ready to go, and I get his lunch together and make his breakfast which he eats on the drive to work. Then he makes his coffee and we sit on the couch together for a few minutes, pray together, and walk downstairs together. He leaves for work and I go back to bed. My head usually hits the pillow at about 4:25. We have it down to a science. This morning the alarm didn't go off and DH woke up at 5:25! Oops! We had him out the door in less than ten minutes. Thanfully his work has different start times in the morning and he was able to start at 6:00 instead of 5:00 without it counting against him. Not the best start to his day, though.

I am freezing today. I just can't get warm. I even have the furnace running. It always runs on the cooler mornings but this is the first time in the afternoon. Today is rather chilly. It's BRISK out there.

Time to wake the Boogie up from her nap or she'll never go to bed tonight ...

No comments: