July 29, 2008

Fun and Excitement

After 10:00 pm tonight, DH and I were winding down for the night and getting coffee ready for the morning and lunch made for tomorrow, when the Boogie threw up in her crib. DH had put her to bed shortly before which apparently incensed her so that she cried and then screamed ... I'm not sure if the upset tummy caused the crying, or if the screaming caused the barfing. I highly suspect the latter. We had a fun forty minutes or so of changing her, stripping her crib, rinsing her bedding, and cleaning the carpet. Of course she was perfectly fine as soon as she was out of bed. Guess she won that battle! I hope she doesn't choose to use those tactics very often. Hmm, actually I hope she never does it again. It's not my favorite way to postpone my bedtime, especially since I happen to like to go to bed and sleeeeeep. Now it's well after 11:00 and while she finally went down again (without a fuss this time) I still have to go put the clean bedding, p.j.s, etc., into the dryer and then take a shower. I did learn something, though. I learned that when my toddler is crying hysterically and I think it's because she doesn't feel well, I don't hesitate to hug her close even though her clothes are covered in vomit. Is this a good thing? I'm not exactly sure! Ha ha ha ... :) It's great to be a mom, barfing kid and all.

No comments: