July 17, 2008

Putt-Putt Golf and Other Things

Yesterday morning SIL1 broke one of her wisdom teeth. She called the dentist and they were able to get her in that afternoon, so I had a couple of the LCs for a few hours. Sooo I didn't get any more unpacking done. I did, however, have two iced coffees from Wawa which is pretty good in my opinion.

Last night we went miniature golfing with several other people from church. My whole life I have called it putt-putt golf, but today I mentioned it to a coworker and discussed it with someone else from church, and neither of them had ever heard that term before. So I can't figure out if it's a midwest thing (since my mom's family is from Kentucky and DH's family spent several years in Missouri) or a West Coast thing (since my parents both grew up in California.) I guess in Jersey it's only called miniature golf. By any name, it was really fun. I told DH that he has to take me on again, next time on a date. The Boogie cruised around the little courses and had a good time. I didn't take a single picture but snagged these from a couple of other camera-wielders.
The Boogie contemplates the hole
Our team
She was the happiest when she had her blade of grass.

Since we have been married we haven't had television. We own a television, we've just never been able to watch anything on it other than videos and DVDs. It was by choice, partly because I didn't want it and DH conceded to my wishes, and partly because we couldn't afford cable and didn't want to bother with the frustrations of rabbit ears. There are several tv shows that we enjoy so we have always gone to 52 or BIL1/SIL1's place to watch them. During the summer programming is usually pretty lame but this summer we've become addicted to "Wipeout" and "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" on Tuesday nights. Last Tuesday we watched "Wipeout" and when it was over it was 9:00 and time for the Boogie to go to bed. DH decided that he wanted to stay at 52 and watch "Japanese Game Show" so I had to come home by myself with the Boogie and the clean laundry, put her to bed, and fold clothes and put them away all by myself. When DH finally arrived I said, "Why don't we just get cable?" He agreed, of course, so I called yesterday and am now waiting for Mr. Comcast Technician to come give us the mad hook-up. We are just getting antenna service which is $11 a month. The main reason I have resisted getting tv for so long is that it used to be a real struggle for me. I'll just turn it on and leave it on all day, and I hate being like that. I would just rather not have it. But when it comes right down to it I'd rather have my husband home with me watching tv than across the street at his parents' watching tv! This is one area that I will have to get victory over. I will admit that I am excited about being able to watch "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" more than three or four times a month. :)

The Comcast person is supposed to be here between 1:00 and 5:00. I went to work this morning and on my way home I stopped at the grocery store. I had plenty of time to run in and grab a couple of things I needed and still get home before 1:00 without cutting it too close. THEN I knocked a bottle of apple juice off the shelf in the store and spilled it everywhere. I told an employee about it but didn't want to just leave a big puddle at the end of the aisle where someone would probably turn the corner and slip in it, so I stood there for at least ten minutes waiting for the clean-up person. I made it home at 12:55 -- whew! Of course it's almost 2:30 and still no sign of Comcast but I'm glad they weren't waiting for me to come home.

1 comment:

Coconuts Migrate said...

Love the pics! Dena's hair looks like its getting curly!?! Her eyes and skin remind me of that pic of V when she was little, you know the one that your mom has hung next to the family pictures of when you were small, too. I didn't know that you liked Wipeout. We think that show is so funny. It can be a little cheesy but we've watched it every week it's been on. I love the nicknames that they give the contestants. =)