July 14, 2008

A Rainy Day

Coffee didn't exactly make me less crabby per se, but it did take away my headache so maybe it helped in the long run! DH and I made up last night ... turns out what he did to initially tick me off was totally unintentional and he had no idea he did it. We both apologized and it's all good now! But I was thinking about it last night and while I was mad at him for what he did (and consequently what he didn't do since one irritation never fails to remind me of past and/or ongoing irritations) eventually what it came down to was that it was kinda my fault. It always seems to end up that way. Several years ago I heard a lesson at a ladies' meeting at my church that talked about expectations, and how we should put our expectations not in people but only in God. If we don't expect things of people they can't disappoint us! Disappointment can lead to bitterness and bitterness can end up in personal destruction. However, if we put the right expectations on God He will never disappoint us. It was a really good lesson and I've tried to remember that concept ever since. BUT it is almost impossible to never expect things of people, especially the ones I am close to, like my husband. Anyway by the end of the day yesterday I was tired of being mad and wanted things to be back to normal between me and DH and I started thinking that if only I would have just said something to him in the morning about why I was upset I wouldn't have gone through the whole day being miserable. We'll see if I remember to do that the next time. :)

It's very rainy today. I don't like rain on the days I have to go to work because I invariably have to run an errand or two and it's such a hassle getting the Boogie and all her paraphernalia in and out of the car. Then the more humid it is outside the more the air conditioner runs at work and it's FREEZING IN THERE. I feel so sorry for our patients because they have to undress down to nothing and then put on a thin cotton gown for their treatment. But the doctors get warm while they work so they like the a/c set to "frigid". The rest of us freeze. My office manager literally has a little heater that she runs in her office while she's in there.

I am way behind on posting! Let's see: on Friday I went to the church and helped MIL set up the fellowship hall for FIL's parents' surprise 50th anniversary party. On Saturday DH and I both worked then went to the party where SIL3 and I sang "The Prayer". There weren't a whole lot of people at the party and I hardly knew any of them. It was very warm and muggy and there was no a/c in the fellowship hall, so every chance I got I grabbed the Boogie and sneaked down to the nursery where the little window unit a/c was going full blast. (I've discovered that one can use their children for excuses sometimes which is very nice. At someone's house and having a terrible time? "Well, thanks so much for having us over! It's been really fun but it's time for little Johnny's nap." Heh heh heh.) I think the grandparents were truly surprised and hopefully they had a nice time.

Yesterday was Sunday and we went to church. I ended up in the nursery during Sunday school because the person scheduled simply didn't show up. This is a major pet peeve of mine. IF you are willing to work in the nursery, then have the decency to show up when you are scheduled OR make arrangements to trade with someone! Even if you wake up sick that very morning you can still pick up the telephone and call me to let me know you will not be there. It's frustrating when I have to scramble to find someone to cover for someone else, or end up in there myself for the umpteenth time this month. But then I start thinking, what if something terrible happened to the nursery worker and that's why they aren't here? Like, what if they got in an accident on the way? Or they got terribly sick in the middle of the night and had to go to the hospital? Or a family member died and they had to drop everything and drive to Chatanooga or Baton Rouge or Denver? So when I start thinking stuff like that I can't stay mad. The excuse is usually more like, "We decided to go with so-and-so to their church this morning." *sigh*

Yesterday I finished altering the curtains we bought for the Boogie's room. They are supposed to be lilac color but they seem more blue to me. Also they are not nearly dark enough so I think what I'm going to do is find a dark purple fabric and line them. That should do the trick! I think that will make it uber dark in her room.

This morning the Boogie woke up at 4:30. She had a dirty diaper so I turned on her light and changed her. Then she was wide awake and running all over, happy as could be. She's always been that way. No matter what time of the night or early morning she wakes up, she's a happy camper as long as I'm around. Thankfully she didn't stay awake. A good dose of boob and she was off to dreamland again.

I just fed my child a waffle and three donut holes for breakfast. I am the greatest mom EVER! Today is going to be a good day. :)

No comments: