July 1, 2008

Write Me Back, Already!

The Boogie has been sleeping in a portable crib since she was born. It is about the size of a Pack'n'Play and she has been pretty comfortable in it, but now that she has her own room it's time to get her a regular crib. We can't afford a brand-new one so I've been stalking craigslist.com for a cheap used one. I found one this morning for $20 and it's only about 10 minutes away! I'm so excited about it but no one has responded to my email. It's killing me. Ack. I keep checking my email every fifteen minutes.

Today is Tuesday which is laundry day. It used to mean that I loaded up my car with all our dirty laundry, the Boogie and her paraphernalia, and whatever else I thought I might need, and drove to 52 (the common name for DH's parents' house) to spend the day washing multiple loads of clothes. Since we now live across the street I loaded the Boogie and my laundry basket into SIL1's wagon and walked over. We've been here for 6 hours and my third load is drying and fourth load is being washed. I have one more to wash and we're all caught up. I fully intend to use the laundry facilities in our apartment building but that takes quarters. Since we currently have no quarters to spare, we'll continue to frequent the free washer and dryer at 52. The Boogie is sleeping right now and I'm eating watermelon which is delicious.

Now that we're in our new apartment I am wanting all kinds of new things. New furniture, new curtains, new clothes. Why is this, I wonder? There isn't anything wrong with the old stuff. Plus there isn't room for anything new. I haven't even been able to find places for all the old stuff. I'm going to indulge myself with a new(ish) crib for the Boogie and some new curtains for her room. I want dark purple. Purple because that's been her color since before she was born, and dark to block as much early sunlight as possible. Then I think I'll look for some cute flower or butterfly decals to put on her walls, the kind of decals that stick on and peel off easily. I'm even toying with the idea of painting her dresser ... But I probably won't do that. I'm not that motivated.

I just realized that I haven't written about our vacation. I'll do that soon with some pictures. I took about 300 pictures and videos while we were gone. MIL let us use her camera which was very generous of her. Ours has just about bit the dust. See, another new thing that we need!

No comments: