July 16, 2008

I <3 Wednesdays

I love Wednesdays because I don't have to do anything. I don't plan to work, run errands, do laundry, or go to anyone's house. It is so nice to chillax and do whatever I want. Today I want to unpack a couple more boxes. Yes, I am slightly ashamed to admit that I still have a few boxes sitting around from our move. It's partially not my fault though because I don't have a place for everything until the Boogie's dresser gets moved over here so that I can get the entertainment stand out of her room (where its sole purpose is to hold up the lamp) and into the living room where it will be loaded with the contents of a couple of yet unpacked boxes ... See what I mean? I can't move the dresser myself so I'm waiting for SOMEONE ELSE to do it. I'll bet you can guess who that person is. But there are a couple of boxes whose contents can find a home somewhere so I'll work on that for a bit. Also I think we'll go for a little walk to the bank and to Wawa where I can get my iced coffee.

Last night I went to work for a couple of hours. I love where I work but I'm hoping that in a month or so DH will get a decent raise, and then in a couple of months after that we will pay off my car and the Boogie, so financially we'll be able to afford for me to stay home. I'm looking forward to that but I'm not looking forward to giving my notice. I'm dreading it, actually. My boss and my office manager have been so incredibly good to me that I feel guilty about quitting. SO what I do is run over scenarios in my head of what I will say when it comes time to give my notice. But to be totally honest, these scenarios aren't always just in my head. Last night after work I was walking up to the back door at 52 (where DH and the Boogie were) going over a scenario in my head, and when I got inside the person standing at the window said, "Was it my imagination, or were you moving your lips and shrugging your shoulders as you came up the walkway?" Oh the shame. I've been caught talking to myself! How embarrassing ... This is a habit I need to break or my children will think I'm a crazy person.

Time to really get my day started, which means I need to put on something other than jammies.

No comments: