July 19, 2008

God's Blessings

The ladies' meeting last night was fine. I forgot that we were supposed to bring desserts that were red, white, and blue. My oatmeal raisin cookies didn't pass the visual test but seemed to be a hit taste-wise. There were several good desserts and I got to hold DR for most of the evening. He was very snuggly. :) Mr. R, H-Man, DH, and the Boogie were joined by BIL1, BIL2, and LCs HJ and EK. They Wii-ed MarioKart all evening and had a good time.

This morning DH went to work, then I went to work and he came by and picked up the Boogie. After work I went grocery shopping and got some salmon steaks which DH grilled ... yum!! They were delicious! And speaking of grocery shopping, God has always been very good to us. We've always had enough food, and always enough money to pay the bills and put gas in our cars, etc. Sometimes it has been pretty tight but we've always had enough. There have been weeks where I've only had $xx.xx to spend on food, so I would make a list and write the price of everything as I shopped, and when I got to that amount I stopped putting things in the cart! I'm not saying this to complain but to give testimony about how God provides for His children. We always had enough food to eat, one way or another. Anyway this month has been financially good and I've been able to do some extra grocery shopping. Tonight our freezer is so full of food we can't stuff any more in there, and it's such a nice feeling! Silly, I know, but if you've ever been in our shoes you can understand what I mean. God is so faithful and has NEVER failed us, never ever. I don't expect Him to fill our freezer, only to give us enough. Seeing it full shows me how He blesses us above and beyond what He has promised to do.

We had a fun day with the Boogie. Granted she did accidentally belt me in the face with the tv remote, hitting just the right spot to somehow give me a killer headache (but nothing a little Tylonal couldn't take care of.) She is so fun now. I love watching her learn things. She jabbers away all the time. When she sees me with her shoes she sits down so I can put them on. Yesterday she was in her room and I heard her doing her little frustrated scream. After a minute she came down the hall to find me, took my hand, and led me right to the box that was the source of frustration because she couldn't open it. So she's learning to communicate with us which is nice. She loves music and dances to anything with any kind of beat. She hums and sings a lot (reminds me of my brother Furry when he was that age.) We are really enjoying her! Here are a few videos. Again I have to say how thankful I am that my phone has a camera. These aren't great quality but they're better than nothing!

Trying to put on shoes (you can hear how creaky our floor is):

Being cute tonight:

Going for a walk after dinner:

No comments: