July 20, 2008

Good Preaching

I'm feeling highly caffeinated. This is because on our way to church tonight we stopped at Wawa (of course) and I had an iced coffee (of course.) The reason I'm feeling a little more caffeinated than usual is because I had coffee on an empty stomach. Hopefully eating some dinner will help with that or else I'm going to be up for a loooooong time tonight. That's okay, though, because Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House is on tv tonight and I love that movie. :) (And thank you to SIL1 for showing me how to make the movie title a link. I love learning new stuff!)

Tonight at church Pastor was preaching about good choices in our conversation. He preached from Ephesians 4 and pointed out that conversation is not limited to the words we say, but includes our actions. For example, poor conversation would be lying, stealing, anger, etc. However, I've been thinking a lot lately about the words I use -- a lot of the things I say I don't think twice about coming out of my mouth, or hearing it from someone else. BUT the Boogie is starting to imitate so much, and I know she's going to start picking up a lot of words really soon, and I realized that I would be horrified if I heard her say some of the words or phrases that DH and I use. Not that we actually use swear words, but we definitely use some euphemisms and I definitely don't want her saying those things! It also made me think about how our children are such a part of our testimony for Christ. People want to see if we truly are different and that means that they watch how our children behave!



No comments: