July 1, 2008

Spoke Too Soon

It's all well and good to praise Daddy for his supernatural abilities to get the Boogie to go to sleep right away at bedtime, but what about when she wakes up at 3 a.m. and he has to get up at 5 to go to work? You can bet he's not going to be the one to get up with her. I refused to get her out of her crib so I ended up on her floor for a couple of hours while she whined and laid down and stood back up multiple times. It's nights like that that make me SO thankful for a super flexible and very part time job!

Meanwhile though she can be a real stinker, she is so cute and funny. She's learning new things all the time. She gives hugs and kisses now which just melts my heart ... I love it! She is a talker too, though not words that you can understand. Her favorite thing to do is come up to us and babble something ending in an upward inflection as if she's asking a question. We respond with any word or phrase that pops into our heads, like "toaster strudel" or "Mount Saint Helens" or "helicopter" and then she says, "yeah". It's hilarious. We have long conversations consisting of such brilliant repartee. I taught her to say "ta-da!" so she lifts her arms up over her head and says, "ta-ka-da!" which of course I, as her mom, think is quite adorable. She loves to open and close doors and put things inside other things. We've been finding sippy cups full of water in random drawers and burpies (cloth diapers used as burp cloths; they are her little security blankets) inside the food cabinet. She is madly in love with her reflection. If things are a little too quiet I know I can find her gazing at herself and making faces in the mirror in our bedroom. The mirror belongs to my dresser but I can't bring myself to attach it since she enjoys it so much. It's just leaning against the wall right now which is probably a safety hazard. Anyway we have fun with our Boogie when she's not being her namesake, a booger!

I am really enjoying blogging but am wondering if it's sort of pointless to have an online journal if no one else is reading it? One of the things I loved about journaling before was that it helped me to remember when things happened. So blogging is mostly for myself to write down things that happen so that I can look back when I need to. The wannabe author part of me wants other people to read this too, though. I guess eventually I'll start telling folks about it. Right now it's my private little page. :)

No comments: