July 23, 2008

Why Is This Bag So Heavy?

Yesterday was my BFF's anniversary. We have been friends for 14 years! She got married exactly three months after I did. Happy belated anniversary chica!

Yesterday was also the Boogie's 15-month check-up. She gained 1 lb. 10 oz. since her 12-month check-up, and grew one inch. She's still pretty petite at 21 lbs and 26 inches! Everything went great and she did so well for the doctor, talking to him and even letting him look into her ears without a fuss (for the first time), and then he gave her a shot. I hate hate hate when she has to get a vaccination. I just can't stand that I took her there and initialed that little piece of paper that gives the doctor the okay to poke my baby in the leg with a needle. Her little face just crumpled up and she cried the saddest cry like, "Why did you do that? That hurt!" Thankfully the crying never lasts long, and it wasn't long till she forgot about it, I'm sure. BUT then the doctor gave me a script for bloodwork! Are you kidding me? Now I have to take her somewhere else and have them draw blood? I think I'll make DH take her.

I know vaccinations have turned into a very controversial topic for parents these days. I debated a bit about it, but quickly decided that I definitely want to fully vaccinate. I considered doing delayed vaxing too, but so far we have stayed on schedule. In my mind the benefit of protecting my child from diseases that used to kill people or leave them paralyzed or sickly far outweighs the small risk of complications from the vax. That's just my personal opinion.

I couldn't figure out why the Boogie's diaper bag has been so heavy lately. I mean, all that is in there is diapers and wipes and a few little toys and a change of clothes, right? Finally I started pulling out some stuff and found several jars of baby food! I remember putting it in there to take to church for someone. Guess I forgot all about it and it quickly worked its way to the bottom of the bag. As if I don't have enough to carry around without adding small glass jars full of pureed food to my burdens! :)

No comments: