July 10, 2008

Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed

This morning the Boogie stayed with MIL while I went to work and the grocery store. I had fun at the store -- DH's paycheck was much bigger than normal so I bought lots of snack stuff and frozen food that I wouldn't normally buy. When I got home I popped the trunk, took my keys out of the ignition, dropped them into my purse, rolled up my windows, opened the door, hit the lock button, got out and closed the door, got half of my groceries out of the trunk, closed the trunk, started toward the apartment building while feeling around in my purse for my keys, couldn't find my keys, went back to the car, and saw my keys on the passenger seat inside my locked car. I wish I had a picture of them sitting there but it didn't occur to me to take one. So, half of the many frozen foods I had bought were in the trunk of my locked car, and half of them were in the parking lot with me with no way of getting them into the apartment and fridge. (It had to be at least 85 degrees outside.) I hauled the bags I had over to 52 where thankfully MIL's new fridge had lots of room, and called the apartment office to ask if I could come over and get a key from them. They didn't have a spare for our apartment but they sent someone over with a master key to let me in. Then I was able to use my spare car key to get into the car. So it ended up well enough but I'm SO THANKFUL that I didn't have the Boogie with me! Things like that make me seriously fearful that one day I will accidentally lock her in the hot car. I think from now on I'll make it a habit to lock the car from the outside ...

No comments: