February 12, 2015

TMD12

On the way home from church tonight I asked the girls what they are thankful for. I said, "Try to think of something that you think is really important."
Peabody said, "I'm thankful for rain. Rain is important."
The Boogie said, "It's between science, DNA, and my siblings. And I don't know which one to pick."

DNA? For serious?

"Tell me why you think DNA is important," I said.
"I don't know," she replied.
"Well, do you know what DNA is?" I asked.
"It's something inside cells," she said.
"What does it do? Why is it important?" I persisted.
"I don't know!" she said, exasperated. "I guess it's just between science and my siblings, then. And ... I pick my siblings. They're more important than science."

As for me, I'm thankful for:
-being able to borrow MIL's KitchenAid stand mixer. One of these days when I have a bigger kitchen I may get one of my own, but for the two times a year that I actually need one at this point in my life, it's very convenient to borrow MIL's.
-a mini-playdate today with Mrs. Chief's niece and nephews. 
-cheese and crackers, my favorite evening snack. Also one of my favorites pretty much any other time of the day, though sometimes popcorn takes precedence.
-hearing how God is blessing someone in unexpected ways.
-this computer. I'm pretty sure it's on its last legs and will need to be replaced soon, but I'm thankful that it is working for now!

No comments: