February 20, 2015

TMD20

Today the Boogie is thankful for movie night with her friends.
Peabody is thankful for her "bathrope" to keep her warm.

I'm thankful for:
-a day off from school.
-a very nice Valentine's banquet at church tonight. Good food, delicious dessert, nice fellowship, and fun games. And, bonus, on-site babysitting!
-the chance to hold a new baby. So sweet, so tiny.
-our van. We're the third owners, and it has a LOT of miles on it, but it just keeps going and going. I used to be anti-minivan, but way back when the Boogie was a toddler and I was still working, there was a nasty winter day when I carried her, her stuff, and my stuff out to my car, opened one door and tossed her in, went around to the other side and put the stuff in, went back around and got in the driver's seat and started the car, got out and went around to the other side and climbed in the back so I could close the door behind me while I buckled her into her seat, got out and went back around to get into the driver's seat again ... and I decided then and there that I wanted a minivan so that everyone and everything could get into one door and I could close the door behind me and move around and buckle people and then get right into the driver's seat without ever getting back out. And I can totally do that now. And it's awesome. (Though climbing over the center console can be a little awkward.) Especially on these freezing (and I do mean that literally) winter days like today.

Also, the other night I was leaving the grocery store and some little sporty hatchback tried to come up from behind and pass me and I totally didn't let it. That's right, Infiniti, you were bested by a mom driving a Toyota minivan with 280,000 miles on it.

So, what are you thankful for today?

No comments: